how to connect play station to the wireless network
Easy steps to connect the play station to the wireless network:
Before connecting the play station to the wireless network, make sure that you have all the wireless settings of your network.
You need to know the name of your SSID , The type of security and the security key or password if any. Also make sure that the SSID broadcast is enabled. The wireless MAC filter should be disabled. If the wireless MAC filter on your router is enabled then you will need to add the MAC address of your play station or simply disable the wireless MAC filter if you have secured network.
If you are not sure about the settings then you will need to connect the computer to the router and check the settings of the network.
Click here to know more about how to check the settings of your wireless network.
All right ! Now you have the settings of your network. let’s connect to the network on play station.
Now go to the settings page of the PLAY STATION.
- Go to Network settings.
- Go to Internet connection settings.
- Go to wireless settings. If you get confirmation screen stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet Click YES.
- Now Select EASY.
- Then Select WIRELESS.
- Go to SCAN.
- You will see the SSID that is the name of your wireless network. Select your wireless network from the list.
- Select security settings and enter the network key or password.
- Select the IP address settings as EASY.
- Save your settings and test the connection.
Sometimes you may need to adjust the MTU settings of your router. Change the MTU settings to 1365. You may also need to open the ports for the play station. For this you will need to access the router set up page and trigger the ports. the port numbers for the play station will be 80 , 443-447, 5223, 3478-3479, 3658, 10000-20000.
Click here to know more about how to open the ports on the router.
Easy setup guide is designed to work with Linksys wireless router , Netgear wireless router, D Link wireless router and all other brands of routers.