How to connect Xbox to the wireless network ( xbox wifi setup)
Easy steps to connect Xbox to the wireless network. Before connecting the xbox to the wireless network, make sure that you have all the settings of your network.
You will need the name of the SSID and the key or password. If you don’t know the settings of your network then you will need to connect the computer to the router and open the settings page of the router. On this page you will find all the settings. make sure that the SSID broadcast is enabled on the router. Also the wireless MAC filter should be disabled.
Click here for more information about how to check the wireless settings.
Once you have all the settings, you can connect to the wireless network on X-box.
On the x-box you will need to connect to the wireless network now. Open the main Interface of the X-Box.
- In the X-box Dashboard, go to My X-box and open System Settings.
- Select Network Settings, Configure Network or Edit settings.
- On the Basic Settings tab, select your wireless settings.
- Select the name (SSID) of your wireless network. If your router isn’t broadcasting your network’s name, select Specify Unlisted Network and enter the name.
- If your network has wireless security, enter your WEP or WPA key.
- Try to connect to X-box LIVE again.
If it is connected to the wireless network, you will be able to play the games.
Some times while playing the games on x-box, you may get error regarding NAT type. It will give you error that NAT type is not open. To set NAT type to open you will need to change the settings on the router.
Easy setup guide is designed to work with Linksys wireless router , Netgear wireless router, D Link wireless router and all other brands of routers.