Linksys EA3500 router setup
Linksys EA3500 router setup is as easy as opening the Linksys router setup page and changing the network settings manually. Yes, you can install this router with or without using Cisco connect software. Linksys EA3500 is App Enabled N750 Dual-Band Wireless Router with Gigabit Ethernet port. EA3500 can run an ever expanding selection of apps for accessing your home network and the devices connected to it.
We will discuss step by step about Linksys EA3500 router setup without CD or Using Cisco connect software.
Let’s have a look at the features of this model.
Linksys EA3500 router Features:
1) High speed for fast wireless transfer rates. EA3500 has transfer rates of up to 300 + 450 Mbps to connect your devices at fast speed.
2) Superior range with enhanced MIMO antenna array. 2 x 3 for 2.4 GHz, 3 x 3 for 5 GHz.
3) Simultaneous dual-band to maximize throughput and help avoid network interference. For more wireless bandwidth, EA3500 can create two (2) simultaneous yet separate wireless-N networks, one using the 5 GHz radio frequency band and one using the 2.4 GHz band. For example, you may use the wireless-N 2.4 GHz network to surf, email, and print while keeping the less crowded, wireless-N 5 GHz network free for time-sensitive traffic like Voice over IP (VoIP) calls, online gaming, and high-definition video.
4) Gigabit Ethernet ports for speeds up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet. Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back that can provide faster data transfer on your wired network.
5) USB port to connect USB storage devices and printers. With a USB storage device, you can easily share disk storage with other users in your network. The USB 1.1 standard supports speeds up to 12 Mbps. The USB 2.0 standard supports speeds up to 480 Mbps.
6) Cisco Connect Cloud (Available summer 2012)- Get anywhere, anytime access to your home network from a browser or mobile device. Plus, optimize your online experiences with included apps. Now EA-Series, E-Series, X-Series and Valet router users have more flexibility than ever before to manage and view network information in real-time from anywhere in the home.
7) Guest Access – Grant Internet access to visiting friends and family, while keeping your own information protected. The Guest Access feature makes sharing Internet access to other wireless devices possible while maintaining maximum security to your home network. It allows you to provide Internet access up to 50 guests visiting your home without granting them access to your local network.
8) IPv6 enabled – IPv6 is a new IP protocol that uses simplified packet headers and requires IPSec as a fundamental interoperability requirement. It also has improved support for mobile IP and computing devices.
Linksys EA3500 router setup using Cisco connect:
Use the Cisco connect software for the initial Linksys router setup. Run the program and at the end it will connect you to the Internet. You don’t need to do anything. The software will do all the settings on its own. It will also create the new wireless network with the unique name and password. You will get all the wireless settings at the end of the installation. You can later change the SSID and the security key.
Linksys EA3500 setup without Cisco connect software:
Linksys EA3500 router setup without the Cisco connect software is very easy and anybody can do it. You just need to open the Linksys EA3500 router setup page and change the settings manually. Setup page is the page where you can change the settings of EA3500 manually. Guest network access can be managed using setup page . There is no need to install the Cisco software to create guest access which was necessary for E1000, E2000, E3000 routers.
Like other Linksys routers, Connect the modem and computer with the Ethernet cable. Open the setup page of the router. The default IP address of Linksys EA3500 wireless router is 192.168.1.1. Change the Internet connection settings according to the Service provider.
Once you change the Internet connection settings, create a new wireless network for the WiFi users. The guest network can be managed on the setup page. Change the network name SSID, security password. Connect all the device to the network.
The following articles may help you change the settings and troubleshoot network.
What is Linksys EA3500 default password?
Default password of Linksys EA3500 router is admin. However if you have installed your router using Cisco connect software then your wireless network key will be the password of router also. Open the Cisco connect software and go to router settings, you will see the user name and password.
If nothing is working then you will need to reset EA3500 and reconfigure it. Remember if you reset the device, it will come back to factory default settings and you will lose all the settings.
Also make sure that your router is running on a latest firmware. Download the latest firmware from Linksys website and upgrade it if it not running on the new one.
I will advise you to use Fix Home Network’s Easy setup Guide for the initial Linksys router setup as well as troubleshooting all the router and wireless connection issues.